The 15 best Greek islands
Conde Nast Traveller reveals “The 15 best Greek islands” and encourages its readers to visit them at least once in their life. They were chosen among the Saronic Gulf, the Ionian and Aegean Sea. All 15 islands are praised for their natural beauty, beaches, forests and their smart, chic and charming hotels and shops. Additionally, the magazine states for each island an ideal reasons to visit it.
The 15 Greek luxury islands are:
1. ΓΦυ, the best island for a long weekend with the art crowd.
2. Corfu, the best island for cosmopolitan cachet and lush landscapes.
3. Mykonos, the best for decadent parties and five-star hotels.
4. Kefalonia, the best island for laid-back family holidays.
5. Santorini, the best island for Honeymooners and first-timers.
6. Zakynthos, the best island for seaside holidays with toddlers or teens.
7. Crete, best island for Antiquities, active adventures and sunshine all year round.
8. Rhodes, best island for traveling back in time.
9. Symi, best island for castaway coves and a picture-perfect port.
10. Naxos, best island for endless sandy beaches.
11. Tinos, best island for traditional villages and knockout tavernas.
12. Andros, best island for Eco-adventures with (or without) the kids.
13. Sifnos, best island for Big, fat Greek feasts.
14. Astypalaia best island for escaping the crowds.
15. Patmos, best island for stark mystique and show-stopping villas.