Acropolis Museum among the best museums in the world for 2017
The Acropolis Museum was included in TripAdvisor’s ranking of the best museums in the world for 2017. The museum ranked 8th instead of 9th last year, based on the votes by users of the leading travel platform. According to the Travelers’ Choice Awards, for the third year in a row, New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art has emerged the top-rated museum in the world.
Winners of TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice awards are determined using an algorithm that takes into account the quantity and quality of reviews as well as ratings for museums worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
The top 10 museums are:
1. The Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York City, New York
2. The National WWII Museum – New Orleans, Louisiana
3. Musée d’Orsay – Paris, France
4. Art Institute of Chicago – Chicago, Illinois
5. State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace – St. Petersburg, Russia
6. The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum – New York City, New York
7. National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia) – Mexico City, Mexico
8. Acropolis Museum – Athens, Greece
9. Prado National Museum – Madrid, Spain
10. V&A – Victoria and Albert Museum – London, UK