Tripadvisor: Acropolis Museum among the best museums in the world
The global museum list by Tripadvisor was released on Tuesday. It ranks 25 of the world’s best museums based on an algorithm that factors in the quality and quantity of reviews over a year-long period. Glowing reviews over a recent 12-month period have earned the Art Institute of Chicago the top ranking in TripAdvisor’s Travelers” Choice awards for museums, whereas the Museum of Acropolis was ranked at number 8.
The results are sometimes surprising. The Louvre, the world’s most visited museum, comes in at No. 19 on the global list, behind lesser-known museums such as Stockholm’s Vasa Museum (No. 13) and the Instituto Ricardo Brennand in Recife, Brazil (No. 17).
See below the full list:
1. Art Institute of Chicago
2. National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia), Mexico
3. State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace, Russia
4. The Getty Center, L.A.
5. Galleria dell’Accademia/Statue of David, Italy
6. Musee d’Orsay, Paris
7. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, N.Y.
8. Μουσείο Ακρόπολης
9. Prado Museum, Madrid
10.Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Jerusalem
11. The National WWII Museum, Louisiana
12. National Gallery, London
13. Vasa Museum, Sweden
14. National Gallery of Art, US
15. British Museum
16. Hagia Sophia Museum / Church (Ayasofya), Istanbul
17. Instituto Ricardo Brennand, Brazil
18. Borghese Gallery, Rome
19. Musee du Louvre
20. The Rijksmuseum (National Museum), Amsterdam
21. Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum , US
22. The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, China
23. Ιnhotim, Brazil
24. Museum of New Zealand (Te Papa Tongarewa)
25. Gold Museum (Museo del Oro), Bogota