The Archaeological Museum of Tegea reopens
After almost seven years the Archaeological Museum of Tegea opens its doors to the public on 2-9-2014. It is one of the first museums established in the province and is now one of the most modern, as its exhibits are being presented with the help of cutting edge technology.
The Archaeological Museum of Tegea was built between 1907-1908 in Piali (now called Alea) in Tegea, in a plot that the Eparch Neilos, who hailed from Piali, donated to the Athens Archaeological Company. At the time, in the beginning of the 20th century, the first provincial Museums of Greece are being founded, with the initiative of the Archaeological Company and the establishment of a special lottery number. Konstantinos Romaios, a big archaeologist and researcher, coming from Vourvoura of Kynouria, was the founder of the Museum of Tegea.
The Museum of Tegea is also in social media, you can find its page on facebook, where a page was created with photographs and information, but also to visit the site www.tegeamuseum.gr