A 100% Greek company that stands out
SEPTONA is a 100% Greek family owned company, with 40 years of presence in the Greek market. Founded in 1975 with primary scope the production of ear cotton buds, Septona rapidly expanded in other categories all related to personal hygiene products such as cotton pads, pharmaceutical cotton wool, cotton balls, baby wipes, cosmetic wipes, refreshing wipes, incontinence products, feminine hygiene products, strips, baby shampoo & bath, baby moisturizing & nappy rash cream. Today, the company is one of the leading manufacturers that operate in the global market of personal care products, exporting to more than 72 countries in all 5 continents through 4 logistics centers in Europe. SEPTONA has 3 state of the art factories with vertical integrated production for the entire range of cotton products in the industrial area of Oinofita, north of Athens, and one factory in Bulgaria that serves the export needs for Central and Southeastern Europe countries. SEPTONA employs over 451 people and has enjoyed a steadily increasing total turnover of more than 60 million euros in 2014.
Despite the economic crisis, the company holds a strong position in Greece through continuous investment in advertising and development of value-added, differentiated products. Consumers growing preference for SEPTONA brand is a vote of trust to a Greek company that actively supports family budget with excellent quality and best value products.
During the last 5 years more than 23 million euros were invested in modern production processes, research and new product development.
To ensure the highest quality production standards SEPTONA possesses quality certifications by international auditing organizations such as: BRC GLOBAL STANDARD FOR CONSUMER PRODUCTS, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, ISO 22716, GLOBAL ORGANIC TEXTLE STANDARD, FAIR TRADE CERTIFICATION, SMETA CODE – SEDEX, BSCI CODE. SEPTONA is one of the few manufacturers in the world, that is certified by IFS-HPC standard requirements.
For the past decade SEPTONA is enjoying, double digit growth as a result of the company’s decision to use Greek soul, willingness and know-how to claim consumer preference around the world.
The need for economies of scale lead to development of exports and very soon the company started cooperation with top international retailers. Exports account for 65% of total turnover. Under the brand SEPTONA in 49 countries. Most important exports are made to highly competitive markets such as UK, France, Austria, Switzerland and Arab countries. In addition, the firm also exports to USA, South America, Russia, China, Australia as well as less customary countries like Zimbabwe.
A key success factor was and continues to be Evangeliou family’s vision to create a company of international standards that will be able to hold a leading position in the global personal hygiene market. To achieve this vision the company focuses on the production of exceptional quality products with added value consumer benefits while at the same time reducing cost and improving competitiveness.
1975: The company founded with primary scope the production of cotton buds.
1983: Evangeliou family bought 50% share of the company and proceeded with a full 100% acquisition of the firm in 1990.
1992: First commercial agreement for exports in Saudi Arabia
1994: Cotton wool launch
1999: Investment & Relocation in current manufacturing facilities. Launch of cotton pads.
2000: Launch of baby wipes, refresh wipes and cosmetic wipes.
2005: Launch of sanitary napkins.
2010: Launch of undrpads.
2011: New production facilities in Bulgaria.
2012: Investment of 7 million euro in new manufacturing plant at Oinofuta, north of Athens, with total surface of 5.000 sq.m. The factory became operational in 2014.
2014: Launch of baby products.
2014: SEPTONA entered the food market by introducing WELLY a new range for healthy snacking.
– SEPTONA has been ranked as one of the top 10 European export companies, as well as one of the best 100 European businesses. It was awarded the “Ruban d’Honneur” title at the 2013/14 European Business Awards. This pan-European competition is particularly important as it rewards entrepreneurial excellence and exceptional financial performance.
– SEPTONA was also awarded the “IASON 2014: Premier Greek Exports Award” as Exporter of the year 2014.
– Received the 2nd Famous Exports Brand award for the last two consecutive years 2013 & 2014 (Greek Exports awards).
– The company was included in the list with the “Diamonds of the Greek Economy 2014” by Stat Bank.
– SEPTONA distributes over 1.100 products in Greece and abroad
– The company produces more than 420 products per minute
– SEPTONA has 100% vertical integrated production for cotton range products
– For the past 2 years it contributed products of more than 100.000€ in value to 38 institutions and NPO
– Welly is a new range for healthy snacking developed by SEPTONA to target consumers that seek a balanced and nutritious diet with indulgence! The range consists of sandwich cereal bars and gluten free rice cakes with delicious combinations of flavours.