1. Where did your parents come from and what is your connection with your Greek roots?
Our heritage derives from both the North and South of Greece. Our parents come from Kozani in Macedonia and Porto Rafti in Athens. Both sides still have a strong presence in both of the above mentioned cities and love to contact us monthly either via a phone call or social media. We both feel a strong connection to our Greek roots as both areas comprise of so much beauty, whether it be mountains or beaches, along with history that would make anybody proud to call themselves Greek.
2. Do you have any special memories from your childhood connected to your Greek heritage?
Both of us grew up with a very strong Greek influence at home, as both of our parents came to Australia from Greece when they were very young. They carried on the traditions of our heritage and we are proud to say we are Greek!
3. You have both studied fashion design. How did you decide to create the label BOSSA and what is the story behind the name of your brand?
The idea of BOSSA started in early 2014, when our ideas merged to create our own fashion label. We always had fashion in mind as a career, from a young age. It quickly evolved from a bedroom start up to a chic head quarters with an entourage of international stockists. BOSSA now has a cult following of celebrity ‘IT Girls’ including The Kardashians, Bella and Gigi Hadid, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Hailey Baldwin and Selena Gomez.
Our brand image and social media content embodies the luxe lifestyle of the everyday BOSSA girl, this is where the name derives from.
4. Your clothes are chosen by celebrities, famous models, actresses and singers. Did you ever imagine the impact and success your clothes would have?
We never anticipated how successful the brand would become so quickly! It is something we both are very proud to have achieved at such a young age.
5. Why should a woman choose BOSSA?
We believe we cater to all fashion needs, whether it be basic loungewear or dressy outer wear. We deem fit is everything. BOSSA blends simple designs with the perfect fit to flatter and sculpt the feminine curve. It’s all about everyday luxury fused with seamless finishings and second skin fabrics that are soft to the touch and revealing in all the right places. Sexy, contoured and chic are words that best describe our brand.
6. What is your fashion dream?
Our fashion dream, and something we are working towards, is to continue to grow BOSSA into an international brand and to be stocked in leading department stores around the world. We would also love to one day open a store in Los Angeles, California, and Melbourne, our home town.
7. Will your clothes come to Greece, we know that your clothes are featured in various US stores
We hope so! We are currently working on breaking into the European market, and shifting our focus on that, as we have already conquered the USA.
8. We see many designers are inspired by Ancient Greece and the Greek islands. Is Greece an inspiration for your clothes?
Different things inspire us each time we design a collection, we always take colour palette, fabric, and structure into consideration. Saying that I think Ancient Greece will always play some role in any kind of creative design.
9. What does Greece mean for you?
Greece for us means a lot more than words can describe, however some key points would be history, education, theatre, fashion and beauty. These are some of the reasons why Greece will always be a very influential part of our lives.
10. If you could address a question to all Greeks, what would you like to ask them?
Due to such a great influence in history and modern day Western civilization, we would like to know at which point in Greek history would you go back to and why?